For healthcare professionals like yourself, every step matters. No matter how tough the terrain, you're always there for those in need. With your career demanding so much from your feet, have you equipped them with the necessary support?
Using the proper arch support could extend your career by ensuring your feet are fit for the long run. Many of us neglect this essential aspect of foot health until a telltale ache or pain creeps in.
But how do you know if you’re at risk? We know— feet can be confusing. That’s why we’ve compiled a quick guide to help; here are five signs that your feet are longing for better arch support.
How Do I Know If I Need Arch Support?
Much like a trusty bridge, the foot arch bears your body weight daily. Over time, lack of proper support may lead to discomfort, reduced mobility, or more severe issues.1
So, what is arch support, and how do you figure out if your feet need that extra cushioning? Understanding the dynamics of your foot anatomy and listening to your body is fundamental.
Our feet come in all shapes and sizes, as do their arches. They could be high, low, or somewhere in between. “How do I know if I need arch support?” you ask. The answer lies in your foot arch type and how your body responds to your footwear.
Knowing Your Arch Type
Identifying your arch type is as easy as a footprint test! Simply wet your foot, step on a piece of paper, and observe the imprint. A full imprint indicates a low arch, a half imprint suggests a normal arch, and a very narrow or no imprint points to a high arch.2
The signals your body sends are vital to know if they’re properly supported.
- Do your feet feel sore or strained after long hours of work?
- Do you experience discomfort in your ankles, legs, hips, or even your back?
These might be your body's way of waving a red flag, indicating a need for better arch support.
5 Common Signs You Need Arch Support
Your feet speak a language of their own. The signals they send subtly reveal the care they need. But how do we interpret these footnotes? Are you wondering, “Do I need arch support?”
Here are five common signs that your feet may be yearning for better arch support:
- Foot fatigue – Do your feet feel weary after a typical day at work? Foot fatigue is a telltale sign that your arches might need extra loving. Prolonged periods of standing or walking, especially on hard surfaces, can strain your arches, leading to fatigue.
- Pain in the arch or heel – Experiencing discomfort or a sharp, stabbing pain in the arch or heel? The arch pain could be your body hinting at plantar fasciitis—a foot condition often linked to insufficient arch support.
- Swollen feet – Swelling or inflammation in the feet, especially after extended periods of standing, may suggest inadequate arch support. Our feet need a balanced distribution of weight, and when our arches don't get enough support, swelling can occur.
- Back, hip, or knee pain – Surprised? That’s right, the impact of improper arch support isn't limited to your feet. Misalignment can resonate upwards and cause discomfort in your knees, hips, or back. If you're dealing with unexplained pain in these areas, it could be time to look down at your arch support.
- Abnormal shoe wear – Notice any uneven or rapid wear on the inside or outside of your shoes? This could be a sign of a foot problem called overpronation or supination due to a lack of proper arch support.
In the world of foot health, the saying “no pain, no gain” doesn't apply. Don't wait for discomfort to creep in before addressing your arch support needs. With Clove, you can make each step count toward your comfort and overall health.
Discover Arch Support Sneakers from Clove
If you've nodded to any of the signs above, it's time to meet your foot's new best friend: Clove sneakers. Specifically designed for the hardworking healthcare community, Clove shoes offer the perfect blend of comfort, style, and practicality.
Imagine sliding into the best shoes that cradle your feet, providing the arch support you need while being endlessly comfortable. Thanks to the Clarino™ microfiber fabric that mimics genuine leather, these supportive shoes mold to your feet over time, promising increased comfort with each wear.
Our Women’s Classic and Men’s Classic collections come in colors for everyone. Whether you prefer a bold, spirited color or a subtle, understated hue, Clove has got you covered. And don't worry about the fit—both collections run true to size. For those who prefer a bit more wiggle room, simply go up by half a size.
Clove sneakers are even fluid-resistant and easy to clean. In a profession where spills and stains are commonplace, our shoes stand up to the challenge, ensuring your feet stay dry and your shoes stay fresh.
So, say goodbye to foot fatigue and hello to the new era of foot comfort. Take a step forward with Clove, where every shoe tells a story of comfort, support, and resilience, just like our incredible healthcare community.
- Nation Library of Medicine. The arch support insoles show benefits to people with flatfoot on stance time, cadence, plantar pressure and contact area. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7446821/
- Mayo Clinic Health System. How To Determine Your Foot Arch Type. https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/speaking-of-health/how-to-determine-foot-arch-type